Contingent is a realistic historical action role-playing (ARPG) melee combat game for windows PC set in 5th Century Britain with combat mechanics similar to titles such as Mount and Blade, War of the Roses and War of the Vikings.
The game aims to combine striking emotional stories chosen from a control-tower meta-game with highly immersive and intense action controlled with a 3rd person character. Intelligent group behaviour will give the player the ability to handle masses of AI units that will be used to represent large scale dark ages combat as well as playing as a single fighting unit within that group.
I work as the Lead Programmer, working on a variety of features from gameplay programming, AI and the business side of the title. It has been a labour of love for me and my team, but we are getting closer to launch every day.
At Dark Age Studios (previously Caveman Games), I have worked on the following:
- Organised and effectively run a small team of programmers
- Player Character (animation programming, IK)
- All NPC's (rigging, animation programming, IK)
- Limb based damage handling
- Advanced 'player-like' AI (all aspects)
- General gameplay programming